The Women’s Cannabis Project (www.womenscp.org) is being set up to advocate for female orgasm difficulty to become a condition of treatment for medical cannabis in US states and countries world-wide. Research over the last 50 years confirms that cannabis helps women orgasm and helps women orgasm who have orgasm difficulty.1-11 Female orgasm difficulty is a serious public health problem,12 affecting up to 41% of women world-wide,13 an unchanged statistic for 50 years,14 negatively affecting women’s quality of life.12 As we prepare this project website (coming August, 2023), we invite you to stay connected by clicking here.
- Goode, E. (1970). The marijuana smokers. Basic Books. https://archive.org/details/marijuanasmokers0000good
- Goode, E. (1972). Sex and marijuana. Sexual Behavior, 2, 45–51.
- Halikas, J., Weller, R., & Morse, C. (1982). Effects of regular marijuana use on sexual performance. Journal of Psychoactive Drugs, 14(1–2), 59–70. https://www.doi.org/10.1080/02791072.1982.10471911
- Kasman, A. M., Bhambhvani, H. P., Wilson-King, G., & Eisenberg, M. L. (2020). Assessment of the association of cannabis on female sexual function with the female sexual function index. Sexual Medicine, 8(4), 699-708. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.esxm.2020.06.009
- Koff, W. (1974). Marijuana and sexual activity. Journal of Sex Research, 10(3), 194–204. https://doi.org/10.1080/00224497409550850
- Lewis, B. (1970). The sexual power of marijuana. Wyden. https://archive.org/details/sexualpowerofmar0000unse
- Lynn, B. K., López, J. D., Miller, C., Thompson, J., & Campian, E. C. (2019). The relationship between marijuana use prior to sex and sexual function in women. Sexual Medicine, 7(2), 192–197. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.esxm.2019.01.003
- Moser, A. (2019). The influence of cannabis on sexual functioning and satisfaction. [Master’s thesis, East Carolina University]. The ScholarShip, East Carolina University’s Institutional Repository. http://thescholarship.ecu.edu/handle/10342/7291
- Moser, A., Ballard, S.M., Jensen, J. et al. (2023). The influence of cannabis on sexual functioning and satisfaction. J Cannabis Res 5 (2). https://doi.org/10.1186/s42238-022-00169-2
- Weller, R. A., & Halikas, J. A. (1984). Marijuana use and sexual behavior. Journal of Sex Research, 20(2), 186–193. https://doi.org/10.1080/00224498409551216
- Wiebe, E., & Just, A. (2019). How cannabis alters sexual experience: A survey of men and women. Journal of Sexual Medicine, 16(11), 1758–1762. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsxm.2019.07.023
- Laumann, E. O., Paik, A., & Rosen, R. C. (1999). Sexual dysfunction in the United States. Journal of the American Medical Association, 281(6), 537-544. https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.281.6.537
- Laumann, E. O., Nicolosi, A., Glasser, D. B., Paik, A., Gingell, C., Moreira, E., & Wang, T. (2005). Sexual problems among women and men aged 40–80 y: Prevalence and correlates identified in the Global Study of Sexual Attitudes and Behaviors. International Journal of Impotence Research, 17(1), 39–57. https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.ijir.3901250
- Kontula, O., & Miettinen, A. (2016). Determinants of female sexual orgasms. Socioaffective Neuroscience & Psychology, 6(1), 31624. https://doi.org/10.3402/snp.v6.31624